Monday, March 14, 2011

What an awesome young lady!

I had my scheduled Sunday afternoon meeting with Katie yesterday.  I just cannot accurately describe how much pride I have for this young lady right now.  When I got there, it was just the two of use because the family was out at her brother’s lacrosse game.  It was unusual for us to have some time to ourselves, so I was glad to have the alone time for us to just talk and for me to know more about her as an individual.  I reviewed her food & exercise dairy and asked about her week since I met with her on Wednesday.  Her food intake had improved significantly.  I even saw where she and her mom had revamped their kitchen.  They have taken my color-coded stickers and labels shelves – the most healthy foods that should be eaten most often are at eye-level and foods to be eaten less often are stored out of sight (and hopefully out of mind).  Katie even told me about her new snack – a salad of spinach with crumbles of goat cheese drizzled with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.  In addition to the awesome food choices, Katie has been very active and has gone through our resistance training session several times since Wednesday.  She was much more optimistic about this whole process.  She told me that she was motivated by only losing two pounds last week and was ready to push herself and work hard.  I was so thrilled to hear this!

I took advantage of her motivation and we went outside to get in a good cardio workout.  She told me that she had walked to her pool a few times.  On my way to her house, I had measured several distances with my car so she would know how far her walks were.  I knew that the pool was only about 0.6 miles round trip from her house.  I measured the spot that would be about 1.5 miles round trip from her house.  When we set out, that is the spot I planned to go to.  But, as we walked, we also added some jogging intervals and by the time we got to the calculated spot, we decided to go a little farther – so we did!  We ended up walking (with several intervals of jogging) about two miles in 30 minutes.  I was delighted that she was able to do this and she never quit – even through a few moments of significant discomfort!  When we got back to her house, we cooled down, stretched, and did a few push-ups and ab work.   

In Katie, who is a beautiful and strong young lady, I can see the confidence growing and the weight diminishing before my eyes.  I am blessed to get to know her and I can only hope that her journey will inspire you or someone you know to change your life and get healthy today.  Katie has chosen success.  Are you ready to chose success and transform your life?

www.coachdconsulting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment